Thursday, May 01, 2008

I feel like these posts might be better if I just wrote it out first and then posted, also it -heh, I just talked to my mother and it all went out the window. I think this shall just be an informative letter. I think it might be nice to create a new blog or two as well so that if I wanted to talk music or thoughts or divosion-like it would be easier. Or to set up a blog for my running for student council.
The only people who read this are my friends so I feel like I don't even really need to put news but it also keeps information well.

My cousin got in a bad wreck a while ago and extensive damage was done. My Aunt who lives across the country from them sent these e-mails.

> Here's what was in the paper about Nick.
>
>
>
> He went into surgery at 7 this morning. He has more broken bones
> than we
> thought last night and the burn is 8x10 inches. They will have
> to let it
> heal and then do a skin graft on his hip and leg. He had some
> bleeding on/in
> his urethra as well.
>
>
>
> I'm not going to call today - just wait for more news from mom
> or Lori -
> they didn't get much sleep last night (Lori -none) and I don't
> want to wake
> them up if they're napping.
>
>
>
> Love and blessings to you all.
>
> K

> Guys,
>
> I called Jesse and found out the following:
>
>
>
> 1st - Nick is OK. I think I got that he was in surgery this
> morning for
> something, but now will be going in for another one to fix his
> hip. It is an
> 8 hour surgery.
>
>
>
> Here's what the accident did - It ripped his right femur (sp?)
> out of the
> socket and blew the socket apart. They are going to rebuild the
> socket.
>
>
>
> On his left side, it broke the hip and broke the pelvis in half.
>
>
>
> He has a broken wrist - they aren't sure about his arm, but they
> can't do an
> x-ray of the whole body - it's too much radiation. They aren't doing
> anything with the wrist for now.
>
>
>
> They aren't sure if the burn is into the muscle yet - they have
> to let the
> skin die, then graft new.
>
>
>
> He broke a tip off of a vertebrae - no big deal there.
>
>
>
> He was peeing a little blood, but they think it could be because
> of the
> catheter. (sp.)
>
>
>
> He had a little fluid on his liver when he came in, but that
> seems to be OK.
>
>
>
>
> They had him in traction this morning and stuck a rod through
> his phibia,
> stibia or something? and they may have damaged a nerve - he
> couldn't move
> his foot correctly.
>
>
>
> He will be in Salt Lake City for 1-2 weeks - the doctors think
> it will be 30
> days before he can walk.
>
>
>
> He was very alert this morning before he went into surgery - he
> was really
> concerned about wrecking the truck and remembered everything. He
> startedgoing off the road and overcorrected and wrecked. A lady
> stopped and asked
> him his name, and that's how they got in touch with everyone so
> fast. He was
> pinned under the truck for about 40 minutes until they got him
> out.
>
>
>
> Our Father in Heaven was looking after that child - no head
> injuries and no
> paralysis! And he didn't die! And I think it's bringing the
> family closer
> again (Jesse and Erin) - God is working this to His good.
>
>
>
> Love to you all and God bless and protect you all and your families!
>
> Kristi

> Hi Family!
>
> Well, here's the latest.
>
> When they went in to repair his left hip, they went ahead and
> cut out the
> burned area and put a skin graft on. The biggest worry now is
> infection.
> They went ahead and put a rod in his wrist, so hopefully that is
> all that
> will need done there.
>
> They are going to do surgery on his other hip (the pelvis is in
> 3 pieces,
> not two) within the next couple of days - as soon as they can
> fit him in.
>
> Nick may have to go to a rehab in Boise for a month after he
> gets out of
> Salt Lake.
>
>
>
> I was talking to mom and asked to speak to Erin. She is doing OK.
>
> I asked her if she wanted me to contact their church and get him
> on the
> prayer chain there. She said yes, and said that she would have
> to go home
> sometime this week, and said that she would like to talk to
> pastor Greg.
>
> I found a lady's cell # on the Lighthouse web-site, called her
> and got Nick
> on the prayer request list. She gave me Pastor Greg's #, and I
> called him.
> He is awesome! I shared that the children have just started
> getting back
> into the church in the past few months and that they are
> starting to grow in
> their faith. Pastor Greg is going to try to get someone to
> either visit him
> in Boise, or he has some connections there and will have someone
> go by, and
> that he would be glad to talk to Erin this week.
>
> He ended the conversation asking if he could pray (of course I
> said yes :~)
> ) and he gave the most wonderful prayer, not only for Nick, but
> for Erin and
> Nick and their growing in Christ through this experience.
>
>
>
> This is so exciting - please pray for these children to come
> fully to Christ
> through this and for God to many wonderful Christian mentors and
> witnessesto come alongside them and to walk with them. What the
> enemy meant for bad,
> God definitely is going to turn around for good! Well, I'd
> better finish
> this - I've had 3 calls while I've been writing it.
>
> God bless you all!
>
> Love,
>
> K

She is amazing and I love her so much! Anyway, with Nick. He has been struggling-imagine how hard it would be at twenty to have an injusry like that. It is a miracle that he is alive. And there are cleanliness issues-

I just now found out that a family friend is getting married and I am excited. :D I haven't seen her or talked to her for ages.

1 comment:

k.a.m.u.r.i. said...

That's GREAT that God is working through this, and that Nick is "okay" - stable and all and such, I guess.

Schooltime. We're late.